Paracord was originally used for parachute suspension lines. Known as the "550-cord," it is nylon kernmantle cordage constructed with an interior core (the kern) and protected with a woven exterior sheath (mantle) that is designed to optimize the cord's strength, durability, and flexibility. The core fibers provide the tensile strength of the cord, while the sheath protects the core from abrasion during use. The Orange Paracord With Reflective Strand is a strong general purpose utility cord with many emergency and survival uses including first aid, lashing, securing, splints, trapping, fishing and dozens of other survival uses.
The Orange Paracord With Reflective Strand is brightly colored to help increase visibility, making your essentials easier to find and harder to lose. This is especially helpful for locating gear in bags, pouches, and organizers. There are many ways to utilize the Orange Paracord with Reflective Strand including:
- Shelter - When in a pinch paracord can be vital to setting up shelter to stay out of the weather.
- First Aid- Quickly fashion a lifesaving tourniquet, splint, sling, and other items when the going gets rough.
- Tie Down - Safely secure your gear and equipment to vehicles and other objects when on the move.
- Strong - Whether you have an emergency or are relaxing in your hammock, with a 550 lb. pull strength, our cord helps you get the job done safe and sound.
- Multi-purpose - Not only can you use as is, you can use the inner strands for various applications like fishing line or net, floss, snares, sutures, thread, shred it for tinder, etc.
Be ready for just about anything, simply keep a roll in your trunk, keep some in your backpack, and even in your tool box! As they say, "It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it."
- Color: Orange with Reflective Tracer
- Working Load: 220 pounds
- Breaking Point: 660 pounds
- Strands: 7
In an emergency, you never know what tools you might need. A tool that has many uses is the Orange Paracord With Reflective Strand. It can help you build an emergency tourniquet, repair equipment, secure equipment onto packs and vehicles, sew fabric, start a fire, suspend food out of reach from animals, and much more! So many uses that you will want to be sure and include some Orange Paracord With Reflective Strand in your bug-out bags, disaster preparedness, survival kits, etc.
- Weight: 3.5 lbs.
- Spool Measures: 7.75" Diameter x 4.5" High
- Spool Center Opening: 15/16" Diameter